The Epsilon Epsilon Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma does not condone hazing or pledging of any kind. Our Fraternity and it’s Members strongly believe that no one seeking membership in our Noble Order shall indulge in any physical abuse or undignified treatment (hazing). Hazing is defined as: any action taken or situation created intentionally or unintentionally, whether on or off Fraternity premises, to produce mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment, harassment, or ridicule.
Such activities and situations include, but are not limited to:
- paddling in any form
- creation of excessive fatigue
- physical and psychological shocks
- treasure hunts
- scavenger hunts
- road trips or any other activities carried outside the confines of the campus or chapter house
- wearing publicly apparel which is conspicuous and not normally in good taste
- engaging in any public stunts and buffoonery
- morally degrading or humiliating games and activities
- late work sessions (past midnight) which interfere with work or scholastic activity
- any other activities which are not consistent with Fraternal Law, Ritual, or Policy or with Regulations and Policies of the educational institution
Hazing is forbidden by the Fraternity's Constitution and by public laws of the State of Washington. For your convenience, we have provided you with the following link to the Hazing Laws of Washington State (WAC 504-26-206).
Our mission is to recruit Men of high moral and ethical values and we firmly believe that the only way to truly do this and fulfill the vision and mission of our Founders is to respect each and every person for their talents and skills that they have to offer our Chapter and Fraternity.